Friday, March 17, 2017

My Project . . .

I'm going to try and write a short piece about each of my favorite all-time LPs over the coming year. Here's the list of what to expect, in rough order of love. . . .

I hope to include (if my memory cooperates) when and where I first heard each album; how my opinion may (or may not!) have changed over the years; its personal meaning to me; and other other mutterings in my mind.

TOP 30 ALL-TIME

Television Marquee Moon
GbV Propeller
Silver Jews American Water
Robert Pollard Speak Kindly of Your Volunteer Fire Department
White Stripes De Stijl
Thelonious Monk Blue Note Years
Beatles white album (mono)
Chris Lucey Songs of Protest
The Who Who's Next
Tom Petty Echo
John Coltrane A Love Supreme
Sun Ra Sub-Underground
Modern Lovers s/t
Pavement Crooked Rain
Willie Nelson Country Willie
Sin Alley vol 1
Morgen s/t
Byrds Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Alice Coltrane Huntington Ashram Monestary
The Plastic Cloud s/t
Radiohead In Rainbows
Mighty Baby (s/t)
Broken Bells s/t
Love Forever Changes
Battered Ornaments Mantle-Piece
Tim Maia Rational vol 1
Real Estate Days
The Zombies Odessey and Oracle
Ike Turner & the Kings of Rhythm A Black Man's Soul
Jessica Pratt On Your Own Love

10 BUBBLING UNDER

Orange Juice Ostrich Churchyard
Martin Courtney Many Moons
Stephen Malkmus Pig Lib
Tom Petty Wildflower
Shins Chutes Too Narrow
Relatively Clean Rivers
Stonewall
White Stripes Elephant
Orange Juice Ostrich Churchyard
Real Estate Atlas

No comments: